Monday, October 21, 2013

The Road Back, Part VII----"Something's wrong here..."



Ed spoke up, bringing him back from that awful scene.  “If you’re wondering where Ann and the kids are, they’ve gone to stay with her mother,” he paused.  “She said the next time you went off the wagon she was out of here.”

“Can’t blame her,” he said. He was quiet for a moment, and then Ed broke the silence. “You still haven’t told me what’s going on?"

“Want to go for a ride?” he asked.  Ed looked at him like he was crazy. He held up his hands before Ed went berserk. “I’ve got to check something and I want someone with me who can confirm what I find.”

Ed shook his head. “Ok, but you need to fill me in on the way.” He looked back at Ed. “It’ll be just a few minutes, and if we find what I think we’ll find…” he paused. “Then  I’ll give you the complete story.”

No comments:

Post a Comment